For All Bito Copyrighted Materials
1. Use of Name or Likeness of Bito Executive
• The names and likenesses (photographs, drawings, etc.) of Bito executives are protected by publicity and privacy rights and may not be used without prior written permission. Please visit our website for more information.
2. Networking Element Icons
• Bito publishes and maintains a library of element icons for representing common devices in telecommunication and computer networks, for use by the general public. View our current icon library to see all icons. Use of these element icons (in an unmodified format) is authorized, without additional permission from Bito.
- Copyright Policy (PDF - 53 KB)
- Web Use Policy (PDF - 55 KB)
3. White Papers, Implementation Guides, and Technology Overviews
• Bito routinely authors white papers, implementation guides, and technology overviews. Bito does not generally license these materials for reproduction or distribution for commercial purposes (e.g., in for-profit books or compilations) or permit local hosting of these materials on third-party webpages. Instead, Bito encourages and specifically authorizes parties to “deep link" to webpages on www.Bitotechnologies.com, without additional permission from Bito. This policy ensures that all links are to the most current versions of the works. See our Web Usage Policy for more information.
Special exception for use in bona fide educational programs: Instructor duplication and distribution to students in bona fide educational programs of Bito white papers, implementation guides, and technology overviews is expressly authorized, without additional permission from Bito, subject to the following limitations:
- Except for actual duplication costs, students must not be charged for such materials.
- Bito materials must not be bound into any compilation or collective work. All Bito materials must be collated by a separate binding (if any).
- Instructors may reproduce only sufficient copies to meet the anticipated needs for the current course or term.
- Reproductions of Bito materials must retain all original copyright notices.
- Course materials offered by Bito or its authorized learning partners are not covered by this exception, and may be duplicated and distributed only with the prior consent of Bito and/or the applicable learning partner.
Requests for permissions that are not covered by the above can be submitted via email on email@example.com. Before submitting any request, please have ready the name of a Bito employee who sponsors your proposed use (e.g., a Bito person who is responsible for authoring and/or managing the specific copyrighted materials). Requests without an internal Bito employee sponsor cannot be processed. If you do not know the name of the Bito employee responsible for managing the specific copyrighted materials, check the document number (listed on the last page of the document).
- When the document number starts with a "C", immediately followed by three sets of numbers (e.g. C02-123456-02), send the document number to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the relevant document owner's contact information.
- For all other documents, mail email@example.com, identify the document title, URL, and technology area of the document, and ask for a contact within the relevant technology area.
4. Product Photography
• Bito allows third parties to use Bito product photography, without the need for a written license from Bito, as long as the following conditions are met:
- The use does not disparage Bito or imply endorsement by Bito.
- The photography is not changed or manipulated in any way (with the exception of resizing and cropping).
- Each use is accompanied by the credit line and notice: "Courtesy of Bito Technologies Private Limited. Unauthorized use not permitted."
- No trademark of Bito Technologies Private Limited., or its subsidiaries or affiliates, is used (apart from the incidental appearance of such trademarks in the photography provided by Bito).
- Downloading our product photography indicates that you accept these terms (which you can print and use as Bito's written permission).
- You must have a Bitotechnologies.com account to browse and to download our product photography. If you don't have a Bitotechnologies.com account, you can obtain one by completing our short registration form. There is no fee to open an account.
5. Product Documentation
• End-user purchasers of Bito products may, without the need for a written license from Bito, reproduce and modify any Bito product documentation accompanying such products, for distribution within their organization in order to use the products.
Bito authorized resellers, systems integrators, government contractors, and other similarly situated third-party installers may, without the need for a written license from Bito, reproduce Bito product documentation (including media type changes) and create derivative works thereof in the form of compilations, for distribution to their end-user customers.
Except as described above, no permission or license is given to reproduce or distribute copies of Bito product documentation for sale to the general public or for any other purpose.
6. Bitotechnologies.com Screen Captures
• Bito allows third parties to use screen captures from publicly accessible Bitotechnologies.com webpages without the need for a written license from Bito, as long as the following conditions are met:
- The use does not disparage Bito or imply endorsement by Bito.
- The screen capture is not changed or manipulated in any way (with the exception of resizing and cropping).
- Each use is accompanied by (a) the credit line and notice: "Courtesy of Bito Technologies Private Limited. Unauthorized use not permitted" (b) the specific Bito URL where the screen was captured, and (c) the date of capture, in each case in a font size and location that is readily accessible by the viewer of the screen capture.
- No trademark of Bito Technologies Private Limited., or its subsidiaries or affiliates, is used (apart from the incidental appearance of such trademarks in the screen capture from Bitotechnologies.com).
- The screen capture must not contain the name or logo of any third party, or any other content identified as owned, managed or copyrighted by any third party. View a list of Bito Trademarks.
- No more than five (5) screen captures may be used in any single document, page or other work by any single person or company.
- You agree to stop using and displaying the screen capture at any time, upon written request of Bito; provided, however, that (a) if any Bitotechnologies.com screen captures appear in printed materials at the time of such request, and (b) you have otherwise complied with these requirements, and (c) you coordinate to remove the Bitotechnologies.com screen captures from future versions of such printed materials, then you may continue to use and distribute such screen captures as incorporated into your then-existing printed materials.
In addition to the terms described above, all uses of Bito copyrighted materials are subject to Bito's Guidelines for Use of Bito Copyrighted Materials.